Saturday, August 30, 2008

Summer Reading Thing 2008

I used to have a blog but let's just say it got deleted. It was a long story. I wasn't planning to create another one. However, I was surfing around the net and came across some reading challenge. So here I am! My very first time joining any Reading Challenge! Didn't even know about them.

This summer I read mostly Historical Romance and a few others.

I have read so much this summer, more than my whole life added up together. Actually, reading was pretty new to me. I was excited to get into the reading world. Never thought of myself to be the reading type. It sort of surprising, I think, to me. Anyways, this summer my average reading was one book a day. Well, around there. Maybe 2 every 3-4 days.

I read pretty much everything. I just made some friends over the net, and they are Historical Romance freaks, and so that explained how I got infected. I love to read Romance fiction, however, I also love murder mysteries, suspense, detective kind of book and etc.

Well here is a few on my list: (I hope I am doing this right)
Karlene's Summer Reading Thing

1. Brighter Than The Sun ~ Julia Quinn
2. Worth Any Price ~ Lisa Kleypas
3. Twice The Temptation ~ Suzanne Enoch
4. The Paid Companion ~ Amanda Quick
5. The Bride ~ Julie Garwood
6. Whitney, My Love ~ Judith McNaught
7. Marriage Most Scandalous ~ Johanna Lindsey
8. Untamed ~ Elizabeth Lowell
9. Duchess in Love ~ Eloisa James
10. Dark of the Moon ~ Karen Robards
11. A long way gone, Memoirs of a Boy Soldier ~ Ishmael Beah - read it for English class and liked it
12. The Godfather ~ Mario Puzo (re-read) - love it!
13. Twilight Saga (all 4) ~ Stephenie Meyer [Yes! just read all 4 books this summer. Gosh, am I a fan!]
14. The 5th Horseman ~ James Patterson (disappointed) I read the first 4, and it just getting worse. First to Die was the best, and it just went down from there. I was actually a fan. I am so unwilling to continue his 6th and 7th book.
15. Black and Blue ~ Anna Quindlen (recently finished) - domestic violence issue
Still many more to list..

Reading:
The Host ~ Stephenie Meyer
My Sister's Keeper ~ Jodi Picoult (finishing soon)

1 comment:

Anis said...

thanks for the folder.hope u doing alright??i really wonder who using your ID...